Sunday, November 29, 2009

Where Has The Soul Train Awards Been??

So was anyone else as confused as I was about the Soul Train Awards on BET? I was watching tv last week when I saw a commercial with Taraji P. Henson and Terrance Howard for an upcoming Soul Train Award Show. Needless to say I was stuck on stupid wondering what the heck happened to that award show and how it ended up on BET. So lastnight I tuned in to the red carpet hour @ 8 and they had a pretty good line up. Everyone from Toni Braxton to Mario and Brian McKnight were scheduled to perform. The show was also honoring Chaka Khan, Charlie Wilson and Michael Jackson. I have to admit that I had the eyebrow up about the sudden rebirth of the show, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought It was well put together. The show was a very adult, drama free show. Ms. Keri Hilson and Trey Songz gave two of my favorite performances of the night. The show brought out a wide variety of great talents(both old and new) and Taraji and Terrence hosted well together.
Some people thought the show was boring, but just because we didn't have Kanye and Lil Mama on the sideline ready to act a fool doesn't mean that it wasn't a good show. LOL. I think anytime people can get together, be tasteful and peaceful plus put on a good performance, then that makes for a good show.

No comments: