Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fundraiser Flop On Real Housewives!

So it's time for the latest on every one's favorite housewives! On Tuesdays episode we caught up with Deshawn at her million dollar fundraiser. Deshawn sets a goal to raise one million dollars for her foundation by auctioning off dates and selling diamonds. Now in spite of EVERYONE telling her that a Milli was an unreasonable amount of money to raise, she insisted that she would be able to accomplish this feat! So Deshawn goes about her merry party planning way, and invites people that she thinks will spend money, and bring her closer to to her goal. Now I just wanna add for the record that in theory Deshawn's fundraiser was a splendid idea! However, her biggest mistake was thinking that people would spend their money out of the goodness of their hearts! What she shoulda did was make people buy tickets to her fundraiser in advance, that way even if they decided to be cheap, then she wouldn't have been at a total loss! Those losers that Deshawn had @ her fundraiser did not spend a red cent! No one bid at the auction (run by NeNe), and hardly anyone purchased diamonds! And what bugged me the most was the fact that the only one of her friends that bought anything was Kim. She called good old dependable "Big Poppa" and charged that bracelet to the AMEX. And why on earth didn't Lisa bring her high rollin' connects from the jewelry industry to go and drop some money?? Help a sista out! Sheree was busy being high siddity. Home girl walked in and almost died when she found out there was no coat check, "What am I supposed to do with my fur, hang it over a chair??! I gotta admit, I died laughin' when she said that. So by the end of the fundraiser, Deshawn was in her room in hysterics because she felt like a "failure" due to her fundraiser flop. It turns out that she spent $30,000 to throw the gala, and only made about half that back. I truly felt horrible for her, but I guess she could just write it off as an expensive mistake. Stay tuned for next week's recap of The Real Housewives of Atlanta!

3 comments:

Dollface said...

Damn...I love that show. lol. I didnt see that part when Sheree was flabbergasted that there was no coat check. Chris Rock was right...women cannot go back in lifestyle and apparently they are used to living a lavish life.

Anonymous said...

I watch that show..I like it but them bitches are WACK!...Kim if fly I saw her in blue gene. NeNe is ghetto she goes to my gym..Big up Lyfe Time!

Anonymous said...

I watch it but it is so fake....Them bitches is wack...Except Kim She if fly I saw her in blue Gene...And the little (good hair ) one. she is pretty!