Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sad, Sad, Sad...


So today I was flipping through my favorites on the remote control, trying to find something worth while to watch on TV. As I went through the HBO channels I came across a documentary called: Section 60: Arlington National Cemetery. It's a documentary following family members and loved ones as they visit U.S. soldiers that have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. The cemetery is located in Washington, D.C. As I watched the cameras scan over the countless head stones in the cemetery, the 1st thing that caught my attention was how young most of the soldiers were. Young men in their early twenties dying and leaving behind wives, children, mothers and fathers. The only way that I could describe it was: Heart Breaking! Seeing the pain and anguish that these people felt as they knelt down beside the graves of their loved ones filled me with immense sadness! It was hard for me to watch those people in pain, and then hear Bush and Mc Cain say that this war is right for our country. To hear those politicians say that we're "winning" this war is beyond comprehension for me. It's not as though this war was inevitable or even necessary. Our wonderful President Bush sent these soldiers to war under the false pretense that they were fighting against Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. We now know better, don't we? Why anyone would continue to listen to some who thinks "misunderestimate" is a word is beyond me. Anywho, I think this documentary is worth seeing, especially for those of you who believe that this war should continue. Tune into anyone of the various HBO channels and check your local listings for the next show time.

No comments: