Friday, December 5, 2008

Quote of the week:

"Happily ever after isn't just a fairytale, it's something you have to work at".

-Beyonce

This is a line that my girl Beyonce said in an interview and it resonated with me a lot. I think as far as relationships go, we like to think that once you meet someone who turns out to be exactly what you're looking for, and all the sparks fly, then the rest should be pretty easy and natural from there. However, needless to say it doesn't work like that. Realistically you have to fight for your ideal relationship, and you have to put in constant work. Once you find that person and you both have that mutual love and respect, then yes, the hardest part is done. But the actual footwork is never done, and you're pretty much guaranteed to wanna ring each other's necks and call it quits. I can't even count how many times I've felt like kicking my boyfriend's ass, and believe me, I've dished out my fair share too! But ultimately ya gotta keep your eye on the prize!

1 comment:

Dollface said...

Damn, isn't that the truth. You do have to keep your eye on the prize. I haven't been in much relationships but the one real relationship I was in, it was def rough. But it is very important for both people in the relationship to make a constant effort of making it work. Going through ups and downs is a givin. You gotta see the light at the end of the tunnel.