Friday, December 26, 2008

What Recession??

So last weekend my boyfriend and I went to Roosevelt Field Shopping Mall (in Long Island) to do some last minute shopping. It was early in the evening, around 5pm, and I figured the mall wouldn't be that packed, boy oh boy was I wrong. The 1st sign of trouble was the fact that there was a ridiculous amount of traffic at the exit for the mall. The line of cars stretched damn near back to the previous exit. Then when we finally navigated our way to the other side of the of the mall, we found it fricken impossible to find parking. We waited for someone who was leaving the mall so that we could take their parking spot. I can't even get into how packed the mall was inside, I had to end my shopping early because those kinda crowds agitate me severely. Now I'm not surprised that it was that crazy because after all, its the holiday season and all, but damn I thought we were in some kind of RECESSION. I dunno what the news is talkin' about, because people were out there shopping like no tomorrow, shiit! And when I tuned into 105.1 Ed Lover was complaining that it took him forever to get out of Rosy's (Roosevelt Field) valet parking lot. This so called recession isn't stopping anybody from spending their cash.

1 comment:

Dollface said...

lol furreal. The way the malls were looking, we in recession bc it was on the news and now everybody using that as an excuse. That's what some people say when it comes to bill collectors bc as some adults are, they look for any excuse to approve their bad habits. lol