Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Really About?




































So I tuned in to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and I feel like there's something that I'm just not getting. As I watched I thought to myself: Hmm, these designs are extremely grand and artistic! The detail on the various pieces of lingerie were so intricate and beautiful, there's no doubt about that. Everything from the towering signature angel wings, to the diamond encrusted bras were very easy on the eyes. But I couldn't help but wondering what the point really was. As far as I know, the whole point of a fashion show, is to showcase the upcoming items that people will eventually be able to purchase for themselves. I do not recall seeing anything in that fashion show that will actually appear in a Victoria's Secret store or catalog. I mean the show was a very nice production, but like I said, I feel like there's something that I'm just not getting. On the flip side Urrsher's performance was nice and entertaining! He got up there and channeled both Michael Jackson and James Brown, plus "This Aint Sex" is one of my favorite songs on his album.
Feel free to hit me up and enlighten me as to what your feeling is about the Victoria's Secret Show.

1 comment:

Dollface said...

Lol. I actually enjoy watching the Vicky Secret Show. I didn't get to watch it this time but its something about those damn girls that is so tantalizing. I always love the wings they wear and they strut their confidence and their svelte bodies down that runway. But it would be nice for them to show us what's coming out in 2009, something that we can buy at the store or catologue. They should have def had a mixture of high fashion and contemporary lingerie that all of us can afford and would actually wear.