Friday, December 12, 2008

What's With This New Nerdy Look?

So the latest fashion wave to hit the streets is that Nerdy/Geeky look, equipped with big thick glasses and all. Everyone from Jay-z and pharell to my girl Rhi-Rhi is rockin' this look, but I must say I'm just not feelin' it. It's one thing for a chosen few to be wearing these dorky glasses, but nowadays every time I open up a magazine there's another celeb lookin' completely out of their element with these glasses on. But that's not even the worst part about it, the worst part is that people in the general public see these celebs wearin' something and then they jump all over it as if fashion is made to be one size fits all. What happened to those day when fashion was an expression of one's individual self. It's great to keep up to the times (in the words of Vibez Kartel) and all, but just because something is in style @ the moment certainly does not mean that it's meant for any and everyone. This is taking me back to a couple years ago when Cameron busted out with all those pink and yellow coats and shirts. Suddenly it became cool to rock those colors. You would be in the club and find the toughest most thug dude with a pink polo on! I find it hilarious. Like I said its good to keep your fashion game up to par, but people gotta learn to stick to their own script, Geeesh. Holla if you hear me people.





Photobucket

Why is Jay here lookin' like somebody's grandfather??
Photobucket



I got this one courtesy of mediatakeout.com. They apparently like this look on her, but I do not! Rhi Rhi usually looks fab, but I can't get with this look.

Photobucket




This look isn't too bad on Pharell, but these specs don't really do anything for him.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Dollface said...

LOl. I feel u though. Some fashion is nt for everyone. Like high waist jeans, I be seeing girls with the biggest guts wearing them and I'm like WHY??? It is good to know when something is going to look right on you.