Saturday, November 22, 2008

Brandy Comes Clean


In the December issue of US Weekly singer Brandy explains exactly why she lied about her 2002 marriage to her daughter's father (Robert Smith). She admits that the marriage never actually occurred and that she was afraid of how her fans would view her had we known that she was having a child out of wedlock. So instead of just being real and embracing he situation, she created this facade for the fans to eat up. first of all I must say that I am a big Brandy fan. I've loved the girl since "I wanna be down", and through her various albums and her hit TV show Moesha, I sort of feel like I grew up on Brandy. With that being said, Brandy had to have thought that her fans were complete morons to not have seen through her fake marriage during her reality show on MTV, Brandy: A Special Delivery. Robert didn't seem very into her or the pregnancy, he appeared to be merely going with the flow. Lord knows she was trying her best to put on a happy face, but Robby boy didn't do a very good job of pretending. Plus, what kind of idiot publicist must B Rocka have that would allow her to follow through with something like that?? Her publicist should have made her understand that this is not the 1920s, and that no true, die hard fan is gonna lose love and respect for you just because you're not married to the father of your child. People in long term committed relationships get respect too right? Brandy also discusses the horrific car accident (in 2006) that she caused, leaving a woman dead. Through out all of the trials and tribulations Brandy still managed to record a new album called: Human due out on December 9th. She stated that, "The purpose of my life is music. it's my responsibility to give the fans something they've been waiting for, something they deserve." I guess we'll have to wait to see if Brandy can revive her career with this album.

1 comment:

Dollface said...

I love Brandy as an artist, but she should have def been real with her fans. I figured something was wrong but there wasn't enough proof. Now years later she coming out with this. I mean, cccome on guys it's not so bad to get knocked up. Celebrities do it all the time. lol.